At the start of the session our targets were:
- to remove as much bindweed as we could in the herb bed
- clear the woody green waste beside the compost bins
- bed in new wooden sitting logs for children beside the mini wild flower area
- bed in new logs for the windy path
- lay more wood chip on the windy path going past the dawn redwood tree
|woody plant waste removed|
|tidying up the compost area|
|last of the plant waste going on the van|
|Volunteers weeding among the herbs|
|A volunteer lost among the herbs!|
|new log seating installed and looking great|
The fruit bushes in the Triangle were not forgotten and received a layer of mulch to help them retain moisture during the summer months.
|Darren mulches fruit bushes. At the back people work on the woodchip path|
From the Friends of Mayow Park volunteers, we say thank you to those from Glendale who came to work with us and made an effort to improve the Triangle. It was a session where so much was achieved. The space looks much better as a result.