Today, the wait was for heritage apples we had ordered from Brogdale - four different varieties to use for tasting at Apple Day. Luckily they arrived before 9.30am. The apples from Brogdale were specially ordered: you won't be able to find these in your local supermarket. We will also buy more common varieties for tasting on the day.
Today was already booked as the day that our five bat boxes were being installed. The bat boxes and the new sign were installed thanks to Steve and Lee from Glendale.
|installing the new orchard sign|
- Unveiling the new orchard sign
- Pointers on how to identify apples.
- Apple tasting from a range of varieties.
- Hunt for apple names - search for labelled apple templates hidden in and around the orchard.
- Story telling with a professional story teller
Some more ideas we had for games and activities include apple bobbing and longest apple peel, drawing and poetry writing. Come along and join in.
The event is free and suitable for everyone. It is organised by Friends of Mayow Park. We are always keen to welcome new volunteers to help with events.
|The new orchard sign showing all our fruit varieties|
See you there!